Unable to Save Changes in Admin/Configuration

Mar 18, 2010 at 6:23 AM

Hi,

I'm a new user to the MDT web FrontEnd and have been able to successfully connect to the database with the message " MDT Database connection successfull. Please save changes before proceeding!", the database has been upgraded and I can even see all my existing applications, locations etc

..But when it comes to Saving changes I receive the message:  " An error occured while saving the configuration. " while ticking or leaving unticked "<label for="EnhancedSecurity">Enable enhanced features / security".</label>

<label for="EnhancedSecurity">Does anyone have any ideas as to why I can't save changes???  I'm stumped!</label>

<label for="EnhancedSecurity"></label>

<label for="EnhancedSecurity">Thanks!

Regards,

Jon</label>

<label for="EnhancedSecurity"></label>

Mar 24, 2010 at 2:52 AM

Maik?  Any Ideas?  Anyone?

Mar 24, 2010 at 11:56 AM
Edited Mar 25, 2010 at 10:50 AM

Have you added yourself to be a dbadmin on the SQL database?

Mar 25, 2010 at 12:16 AM

Hi Louis,

Yes, I am the dbadmin and owner of the SQL database.  Can you think of anything else I might need to look at?

Coordinator
Mar 25, 2010 at 11:02 AM

Hi Jon,

I've actually never had this issue myself. But somebody else also mentioned it already. Are you using a 64 Bit System? Does it save no configured value at all or just this single setting? As a quickfix, you can configure these directly using the IIS Manager (Application Setings) or editing the web.config by hand.

Maik