RemoveComputerFromCollection

Mar 25, 2010 at 12:48 PM

Maik

A webservice function RemoveComputerFromCollection in the SCCM webservice would be really useful:

We would use this to remove the client from the REFRESH collection which we use to trigger a client refresh.

At the moment i use a vbscript in the computer startup script which deletes it’s self from the collection so it doesn’t go into the refresh cycle again.

But it would be better if I could do this in the task sequence using the web service.

Louis  

Coordinator
Mar 25, 2010 at 1:06 PM

Hi Louis,

good point. I already got several requests for this particular function. Just need to find the time to add it to the webservice ;-)

Maik

Apr 15, 2010 at 10:05 AM

Hi Maik

Do you have a time scale for creating a RemoveComputerFromCollection function in your web service, it would be really helpful if we could do this in a task sequence. I have a problem were the SCCM refresh loops when we get "install software" error. This is because I run a vbscript in the PC startup script to remove it from the REBUILD collection, but if the TS fails it never gets to this point but then proceeds to run the refresh TS again.

do you make the source code available for the sccm webserivce? I could amend it myself if you do.

Thanks

Louis

Coordinator
Apr 17, 2010 at 12:32 PM

Version 7.0 has just been released. See http://myitforum.com/cs2/blogs/maikkoster/archive/2010/04/17/deployment-webservice-version-7-published.aspx for details.