OSDComputerName

Apr 9, 2010 at 3:02 AM

Why is the OSDComputerName field missing in Settings?  Am I the only one who is having this?

Thanks!

Coordinator
Apr 9, 2010 at 9:08 AM

What Group are you using to display the settings?

The "MDT 2008 Default" does not contain the OSDComputerName. Either switch to "MDT 2010 Default" or add the setting yourself. It shouldn't be very complicated. See http://myitforum.com/cs2/blogs/maikkoster/archive/2010/01/25/mdt-web-frontend-how-to-configure-what-a-user-can-see-and-edit.aspx or http://myitforum.com/cs2/blogs/maikkoster/archive/2010/02/01/mdt-web-frontend-how-to-handle-custom-settings-properties.aspx for details on this.

Regards

Maik

Apr 9, 2010 at 1:08 PM

Ok, I see where I am going wrong.  Now the problem is that I do not have a Settings tab.

Coordinator
Apr 9, 2010 at 1:11 PM

Did you extend the database and also enabled the enhanced features?

Apr 9, 2010 at 1:14 PM

I had upgraded the database but did not check the enhanced features.  I'm good now!  Sorry for not reading more thoroughly!

Coordinator
Apr 9, 2010 at 1:20 PM

No problem. Hope you enjoy the FrontEnd ;-)

Apr 9, 2010 at 1:21 PM

I think it is super cool, I don't care what Todd says ;)

Apr 9, 2010 at 1:25 PM

I have another question for you.  I have multiple MDT databases and I think it would be helpful to see which database I am on.  On every page, you have the "MDT Web FrontEnd" in the top left of the page.  Is there a way to customize what that says?  I'd like to have something like "MDT Web FrontEnd - Workstation".

Coordinator
Apr 9, 2010 at 7:12 PM

Sure, there is a file called "site.master" found in the folder "Views\Shared". It looks a bit like spaghetti code but it defines how all the pages look like.

btw. what did Todd say ;-)

Apr 9, 2010 at 7:21 PM
He referred me to your blog about something I was having a problem with and that's when I saw your FrontEnd. I thought it looked cool and implemented it. I told him about it and how I thought it added a lot of value and he was like, "I'm writing my own! Don't show me that damn tool!"

Sent: Friday, April 09, 2010 2:12 PM
To: Trey McGlaun
Subject: Re: OSDComputerName [mdtwebfrontend:208788]

Sure, there is a file called "site.master" found in the folder "Views\Shared". It looks a bit like spaghetti code but it defines how all the pages look like.

btw. what did Todd say ;-)

Coordinator
Apr 9, 2010 at 7:49 PM

lol ;-)