Prevent users from "seeing" a list of computers/roles/etc

May 10, 2010 at 7:00 PM

Hi

How can I prevent my list of computers to be accessed by any authenticated users? Do i need to do this using ACL permissions on the IIS server or MDT WebFrontend is able to do that?

I mean, I do have a default access role with "No Access" for All Identities. But new users (that never logged before) accessing for the first time can see the list of computers by clickin on "computers".

Is that correct?

Bruno

Coordinator
May 11, 2010 at 7:39 AM

New Users don't have any explicit AccessRole assigned so the ones marked as "default" should apply and behave the way you would like to have. Would you mind sending me a screenshot of your AccessRole Overview? You can send it to Maik DOT Koster AT gmx DOT de.

Regards

Maik

May 20, 2010 at 2:21 PM
Edited May 21, 2010 at 2:18 PM
Hello Maik,

Pls see the attachment.

This is my access role config.

When I log on with an account that never logged before, I can navigate to the "Computers" Tab and "see" all objects in there. I cant edit, but I do see the list with id, name, mac, etc.

Regards!

Bruno

2010/5/11 MaikKoster <notifications@codeplex.com>

New Users don't have any explicit AccessRole assigned so the ones marked as "default" should apply and behave the way you would like to have. Would you mind sending me a screenshot of your AccessRole Overview? 

Regards

Maik

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (mdtwebfrontend@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email mdtwebfrontend@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Coordinator
May 22, 2010 at 7:17 PM

Hi Bruno,

that's definetly not expected behaviour. Might be a problem with the current AccessRole implementation. I will just rebuild your configuration and check what happens. Thanks for your help.

Regards

Maik

May 25, 2010 at 11:06 PM
No problem at all.

Just waiting to hear from you when you got it working. Feel free to ask me anything you want. I loved this tool and Im willing to help in future development since I had a feature much like yours almost ready in mind when I found MDTWebFrontEnd.

We are a solutions company (development and infrstructure) and we have all customers combined into a multi-domain forest (ActiveDirectory) and we do use MDT alot...For some customers we have SCCM for others dont. Sometimes we need some sort of "hacking" while automating litetouch installs with mdt and make it a Full Automated Lite Touch.

I would like to make myself available to test/help/implement or anything else you might need...

Kind Regards

Bruno

2010/5/22 MaikKoster <notifications@codeplex.com>

Hi Bruno,

that's definetly not expected behaviour. Might be a problem with the current AccessRole implementation. I will just rebuild your configuration and check what happens. Thanks for your help.

Regards

Maik

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (mdtwebfrontend@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email mdtwebfrontend@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com