Nested role support

May 13, 2010 at 9:05 PM

Hi Maik,

Do you have any plans to add nested role support. As I could do with this feature in my environment to help me define base roles for both desktop/laptops then additional roles on top of that for a laptop + department etc. Does MDT support merging roles together?

May 21, 2010 at 1:19 PM
Edited May 21, 2010 at 1:19 PM

That would be fantastic...MDT does lack in this feature!

I was starting a powershell script to do that...but MDTWeb would be the best choice...

Bruno

Coordinator
May 22, 2010 at 6:15 PM

I actually wanted to implement nested Role support already in the last version but due to time restrictions wasn't able to do so. It's definetly on my ToDo list for the next release. But the implementation needs to be stable (avoiding infinite loops, etc) so I still haven't decided on the best implementation yet. Would be interested to hear your comments, requirements, etc.

Regards

Maik

May 25, 2010 at 10:02 PM
Maik,

I am also a dotnet developer (and I have one more person here to work together), so I will take a look into the code and check how are the things going currently and try to suggest the new feature.

At a glance, I would say that the main goal of my point of view would be "a user can select one role and all roles 'attached' to it will be applied".

The biggest problem is the recursive logic (of misconfigured rules).

But i don't see that as a problem.

Do you want me to help you on this issue?

Bruno Bertechini
2010/5/22 MaikKoster <notifications@codeplex.com>

I actually wanted to implement nested Role support already in the last version but due to time restrictions wasn't able to do so. It's definetly on my ToDo list for the next release. But the implementation needs to be stable (avoiding infinite loops, etc) so I still haven't decided on the best implementation yet. Would be interested to hear your comments, requirements, etc.

Regards

Maik

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (mdtwebfrontend@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email mdtwebfrontend@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Jul 1, 2010 at 3:46 PM
Maik,

What do you think to have my help to implement this.

Would you like it?

I am willing to participate and help to improve this software and NestedRoles is one of the features that "I can't live without".

Regards

Bruno

2010/5/22 MaikKoster <notifications@codeplex.com>

Regards

Maik

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (mdtwebfrontend@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email mdtwebfrontend@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com