UpdateComputer webservice operation creates duplicate entries to Microsoft Deployment Database each time it is run

Jun 16, 2010 at 11:52 AM

Hi,

First of all thanks for the great work! Excellent Webservice & MDT Web Frontend.

However I have a small issue when using the custom bootdisk. For some reason UpdateComputer operation in webservice creates new entries each time to Microsoft Deployment Database. I tested also manually providing the MacAddress and Description to /mdt.asmx?op=UpdateComputer and unfortunately every time it created a new record instead of updating the existing one.

After couple of times I also get below error message when running obviously because there is multiple rows returned because of duplicate entries in database.

UpdateComputer: Unhandled Error occured. System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Subquery returned more than 1 value. This is not permitted when the subquery follows =, !=, <, <= , >, >= or when the subquery is used as an expression.

Any tips what I am doing wrong? 

Best Regards,

Jack

Coordinator
Jun 28, 2010 at 2:14 PM

Hi Jack,

UpdateComputer currently triggers a stored procedure called "UpdateComputer". And this StoredProcedure should only create a new account if it is unable to find an existing one. You might want to have a look on that storedprocedure.

Regards

Maik