Ability to restrict acces to the locations and make/model tabs

Oct 26, 2010 at 5:16 PM

I've managed to set up permission so that 'end users' can enter in the relevant information to build a computer. My question is , is it possible to restict access to the tabs , I only want people to have the ability to the computers tab (so they can create a computer) along with the settings and roles tab within that.

At the moment, they also have th baility to select the lcoations tab and add a location, they can also add a make and model. I don't want people to have the ability make changes (happy with them seeing info in there)

The docuementation does not if i understand it correctly , display a way of restricting that via access roles.

have I got that completly wrong? If it is possible, could someone provide some clues?

Thanks in advance

Coordinator
Nov 19, 2010 at 10:35 AM

Hi spikey,

yes, that's possible. Each Role can either be valid for all Identity Types (Location, MakeModel, Role, Computer) or for a single one. So the effective permissions are accumulated among all Access Role that apply to a specific User in the specific situation. On default there is a "Default" Role that applies to all Identity Types. As Default roles apply to all users, regardless of other directly assigned roles, you would probably want to remove those default roles (or limit them to e.g. Locations only).

Regards

Maik