Status on v2 of Web FrontEnd

Nov 23, 2010 at 3:49 AM

Haven't seen anything on the new version since the "first impressions" post, just wondering how development is coming along?

Do you have a date set for a public release of the new code?

Coordinator
Nov 24, 2010 at 10:26 AM

Well, I was hoping to have a first public beta available within the next few weeks. But due to some time constraints I'm not as far as I was hoping I would be (lame excuse, I know ;-) ).

I work hard to have a first release available end of this year, very early beginning of next year.

Regards

Maik

Nov 24, 2010 at 12:15 PM
Edited Nov 24, 2010 at 2:36 PM
No worries, I'm still getting our staff used to using V.1.
Jan 10, 2011 at 4:21 PM

Any update on the beta status of v2?

Jan 17, 2011 at 6:26 AM

Really looking forward to v2 :)....it looks great and sounds very promissing.

Cheers

Nik

May 10, 2011 at 2:58 PM

I would love to be able to use Active Directory sites as the Location as opposed to dealing with individual Gateway's.  Hopefully Maik can make some time to finish this version, even if it doesn't have absolutely everything he wants in it.  What has been listed thus far as improvements over v1.01 are awesome and super helpful.

Nov 3, 2011 at 8:59 AM

hi Maik !

Any update on the status of v2 ?

Cheers

maleroy

Mar 30, 2012 at 9:02 AM

Hi Maik!

Thanks for developing your great WebPortal. How's the progress going with the new version or is the project abandoned?

Kind regards,

Mathias

Coordinator
Apr 18, 2012 at 6:16 AM
Edited Apr 18, 2012 at 6:16 AM

The progress was pretty slow, thanks to all who kept asking and stayed with this solution. The project is definetly not abandoned ;-)

The first public Beta has just been published (http://mdtwebfrontend.codeplex.com/releases/view/86208).

See anouncement here: http://myitforum.com/cs2/blogs/maikkoster/archive/2012/04/17/mdt-2012-released-mdt-web-frontend-version-2-first-beta-released.aspx

And Installation instructions here: http://myitforum.com/cs2/blogs/maikkoster/archive/2012/04/18/installing-the-new-mdt-web-frontend-beta.aspx

Happy testing. :-)

Regards
Maik

Apr 22, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Great Maik!

Could it be that someone (I forgot his name I'm afraid but I think he is an MVP) approached you on tuesday during the MMS with a question about the status of the Web Front End? If so, It would be me that asked him to ask you about the progress with the web front end. :-)

Thanks,
Mathias.

Coordinator
Apr 23, 2012 at 6:49 AM

Hi Mathias,

sadly I haven't been at MMS. So if he approached somebody, it probably wasn't me ;-)

Interested to hear what you say about this version ;-) (Just make sure you use at least 2.0.3).

Regards
Maik

Apr 23, 2012 at 3:08 PM

Hey Maik, 

Looking forward to testing out the latest release!  I did notice that there isn't a Default.aspx file in the new release though.  What should be the default file to for IIS to look for?

-Dustin

Coordinator
Apr 23, 2012 at 3:24 PM
Edited Apr 23, 2012 at 3:24 PM

Thanks for testing ;-)

Yep, no default.aspx necessary. It should re-route to the appropriate pages automatically. Just make sure the App Pool is configured for .Net 4 and .Net 4 has registered appropriately with IIS. See the announcement mentiond above for more information.