Search for SCCM Package

Dec 22, 2009 at 3:11 PM

Hi.

I really like your work.

But I have some problems with the Search for SCCM Package feature.

I always get "No package found"

Is there a way to make sure that the SCCM setup is correct?

Thanks

Coordinator
Jan 4, 2010 at 2:03 PM

Hi emess,

Yes, on the webserver itself just open the link http://localhost/mdtfrontend_dev/package/getsccmpackages. If an error happens it should show you some more information about the problem. Make sure you configured the necessary application settings as described in the Documentation (http://mdtwebfrontend.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Database%20Connection&referringTitle=Installation%20Guide).

Regards

Maik

Jan 4, 2010 at 2:26 PM

Hi Maik. Thanks for your answer.

If I go to http://localhost/mdtwfe/package/getsccmpackages it lists all packages ok. But if I try to search for a package or select one of the packages I get the following error:

Server Error in '/MDTWFE' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The parameters dictionary contains a null entry for parameter 'IdentityID' of non-nullable type 'System.Int32' for method 'System.Web.Mvc.ActionResult GetPrograms(System.String, Int32, System.String, System.String)' in 'MaikKoster.MDT.MVC.PackageController'. To make a parameter optional its type should be either a reference type or a Nullable type.
Parameter name: parameters 
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: The parameters dictionary contains a null entry for parameter 'IdentityID' of non-nullable type 'System.Int32' for method 'System.Web.Mvc.ActionResult GetPrograms(System.String, Int32, System.String, System.String)' in 'MaikKoster.MDT.MVC.PackageController'. To make a parameter optional its type should be either a reference type or a Nullable type.
Parameter name: parameters

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.  

Stack Trace: 

[ArgumentException: The parameters dictionary contains a null entry for parameter 'IdentityID' of non-nullable type 'System.Int32' for method 'System.Web.Mvc.ActionResult GetPrograms(System.String, Int32, System.String, System.String)' in 'MaikKoster.MDT.MVC.PackageController'. To make a parameter optional its type should be either a reference type or a Nullable type.
Parameter name: parameters]
   System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.ExtractParameterFromDictionary(ParameterInfo parameterInfo, IDictionary`2 parameters, MethodInfo methodInfo) +436
   System.Linq.WhereSelectArrayIterator`2.MoveNext() +110
   System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source) +548
   System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray(IEnumerable`1 source) +108
   System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters) +192
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) +31
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClassa.b__7() +88
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +534
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) +312
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName) +856
   System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore() +185
   System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContextBase httpContext) +221
   System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +599
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +171

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4927; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4927 
Cheers
Coordinator
Jan 4, 2010 at 3:18 PM

This is normal if you try to search from the above link. This is just to verify, that the Database connection itself is working. So if you get the list of all packages the search should work when using the frontend. (If you set the application Setting "ReturnAllOnInitialSCCMSearch" to "True" it will always show you a complete list of available packages).

If using the FrontEnd and you can't find a specific package which should be available, make sure that it has at least one program with the option "Allow this program to be installed from the Install Software task sequence without being advertised". Otherwise it won't show up in this list as it would never be able to install it during a ts.

Regards

Maik

Jan 5, 2010 at 11:48 AM

Thanks.

It was the "Allow this program to be installed from the Install Software task sequence without being advertised" setting that was missing.

Where do I set the "ReturnAllOnInitialSCCMSearch" setting?

Cheers.

Coordinator
Jan 5, 2010 at 12:06 PM

It's an Application Setting of the FrontEnd. You can configure it like the application settings for the database connection (http://mdtwebfrontend.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Database%20Connection). Setting this value to "True" will show you a complete list of packages if you open the page. Setting it to "False" will display an empty list and you need to search for a package first before you see any package.

If you have a lot of packages I recommend "False".

Regards

Maik