application dropdown

Feb 6, 2010 at 6:38 AM

Hi

Is it possible to have a dropdown for Applications in the same way that you have for Roles under?

BTW: Keep up the great work!

Regards,

Nik

Coordinator
Feb 19, 2010 at 7:15 PM

Hi Nik,

thanks for the question. It made me think about this part I have actually not spent much time on as I primarily use Packages ;-)

And you are absolutely right. Typing in the GUID of the application is not really user-friendly. So I´ve added the possibility to upload the current MDT Applications.xml file from your DeploymentShare. It will store the information to make the lists looking a bit more user-friendly (showing the name instead of the GUID) and also giving you a dropdown with all imported (and not used) applications, identical to the Roles section.

I'm a bit unsure if I should restrict it to the Dropdown or should also give the possibility to enter a GUID by hand. Currently I prefer to only use imported Applications and also remove all references if an application is no longer within the applications.xml file when updating the information.

Any comments on this?

Regards

Maik

Mar 9, 2010 at 8:44 AM

Hi

The XML solution is really great...atleast in a more static application enviroment like mine. My focus is on server deployment where number of applications are limited and the application pool quite static.

I personally would never add a application GUID through the frontweb. It would take me longer to find the guid than updating the application xml....just my 5 cents

Great v.1 of the frontweb.....use it every day (except druing the weekends ;))

Ragards,

Nik