This is the first public Beta of the new version of the MDT Web FrontEnd.
THIS IS BETA Software!
And is provided "AS IS" without express or implied warranty of any kind.
New beta versions will be published in short cycles of 1-2 weeks, so please come back regularly and/or subscribe to the Release notifications.
It's not production ready (yet), it's not complete (yet), but it is working :-). If you want to give it a try, what I really would appreciate, please test it as a separate web page on a separate database. Installation/Upgrade instructions
- The easiest way to upgrade from an existing version to a new version is to download the newest release (don't forget to unblock the file!), extract it to a temporary folder. Delete all files from the current web folder. Copy all the files from the temporary folder to the web folder. That's it. Then open the homepage and configure the Database access and you are good to go.
- If you upgrade from 2.0.1 be sure to also replace the web.config. There has been some breaking changes in this file that need to be available. As soon as you open the frontend the first time, it should redirect you to the MDT Databas configuration page, so that you can configure the database connection settings again.
Call for Help
If you would like to support this project, please contact me. I would really appreciate some help at
- UI Design
Please see MDT Web FrontEndBeta 2.0.2 published - Call for help
for detailsTop Features:
- Search for ConfigMgr Packages (2007 + 2012)
- Search for ConfigMgr Applications (2012) and MDT applications
- Define Locations by Active Directory Sites
- All lists fully searchable and sortable
- Role to Role Assignments (Role Hierarchy)
- Create custom views on MDT settings
- Define what users can see and do
- Localized content
- Monitoring for MDT (LTI) and MDT/ConfigMgr (ZTI) Deployments
- 2.0.1 - published 17.04.2012
- 2.0.2 - published 20.04.2012
- 2.0.3 - published 22.04.2012
- PackageMapping is missing
- RoleMapping is missing
- Not all content localized
- Some menu items might not show up
- MDT Database discovery and upgrade, ConfigMgr Discovery and AD Site discovery fails on IE < 9
- Users can't be configured as Admin for the FrontEnd
- Lists in settings can't be set to an "empty" value.
- some password fields were shown as normal textboxes
- Discovered ConfigMgr Sites don't use Appication pool account on default
- Saving settings failed (MDT 2012 removed SkipAppsOnUpgrade setting)
- New databases didn't include new MDT 2012 settings
- ConfigMgr Site configuration failed on SQL 2005
- IE browsers used IE7 compatibility mode on default (ugly UI) when not accesses from localhost
- SCCM Site discovery failed